What about effect of WILD on non-REM sleep?

WILD chat - Anything WILD related! Ask questions, make reports and share information! Help explore, map and expand the known dreaming state!
Zoe

What about effect of WILD on non-REM sleep?

Postby Zoe » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:19 am

Hi, Given that in the first half of the night much of our sleep is the deep, restorative rest of non-REM sleep (a dreamless state), would WILD done at bedtime interfere with this natural, restorative cycle? Some DILD techniques (such as Wake Back to Bed) specifically take advantage of the longer dream cycles at the end of the night because of our natural tendency to be dream heavy towards morning. Seems that too much WILD early in the night would mess up that balance of non-REM /REM sleep. Mind you given my current status as a non-lucid dreamer I'd happily take lucid dreaming whenever I could get it! Also, has anyone here managed to go from a WILD, drop the dream aspect and then experience lucid non-REM sleep?

slider
Site Admin

Re: What about effect of WILD on non-REM sleep?

Postby slider » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:36 pm

It's very odd, but WILDs appear to be outside of one's normal patterns, and indeed, even begins to impress it's own patterns after a while!

Your questions are actually very similar to mine in that sense, I'd love to know too, but so far there doesn't appear to be any negative side effects from WILDing, or from letting one's patterns be changed.

We're adaptable! :)