Attempting wild

If you're new to WILDing, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for tips on getting started The WILD Way!
LucidCol

Attempting wild

Postby LucidCol » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:21 pm

Hi
I've been keeping a dream diary and found I awaken after each dream cycle. Could I attempt wild upon awakening or is it better to do it when I first get into bed.

slider
Site Admin

Re: Attempting wild

Postby slider » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:22 am

Many peeps do indeed go WILD after sleeping for a little while, presumably because they're not so tired now and can then lie there for a little while without conking straight back out again heh... long enough to attempt WILDing 'without' falling asleep that is...

Bearing this in mind; you could just try maybe going to bed an hour earlier, or at least before you're so shattered that sleep becomes irresistible...

Probably the biggest problem with WILDs is the erroneous idea that they're connected to sleep like DILDs are? They're not! On the other hand, most people probably don't get any other chance to try WILDing except at bedtime, therefore an afternoon nap can be just the thing for WILDing with (i've never been able to actually sleep in the afternoon unless exhausted, but to just lay down and instead WILD often works very nicely indeed!)

The key really is relaxing 'enough' to get to the place where the hypnagogia begins, get that right + once you're playing around with the images, you'll be yanked right into the most incredibly lucid dream you've ever had! 100% lucidity! And you're not even asleep hah! :)

Of course, 100% lucidity also means complete confidence in yourself and what you're trying to do, plus with full access to waking memory it's a cinch to experiment with being in the dream state...

The main thing for now is to pay particular attention to learning to consciously relax...

Don't rush it, just let the whole thing unfold in front of your very eyes, WILDing is actually effort-less :)

LucidCol

Postby LucidCol » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:14 pm

I will have to experiment to find what works best for me, regarding times to practice. I'm determined to do this as I've always been interested in this type of experience. I'm drawn to the weird stuff and can't wait start wilding. I'm actually looking forward to going to bed so I can start practicing :)

slider
Site Admin

Postby slider » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:38 pm

Keep trying, if you build it it'll come (laughing, but is actually kinda true...)

egoeimai

Postby egoeimai » Mon May 22, 2017 8:57 am

Hello there,
wish your forum the best and becoming one of the top sites for wild and lucid dreaming in general. Be patient while reading because my native language is Greek.
I also find wild method easier cause it is straight forward. Sleep 5 hours wake for one then WILD. I have to say that I didn’t manage to go lucid yet for one reason. What I do is after I lay for the second time I close my eyes and I don’t move arms and legs. Just breathe. At some point I feel signals from legs, back or whatever part of the body that I need to scratch or move. I am thinking that my brain is checking if I sleep so he can initiate the dream process so I ignore those itchy signals. At some point I see geometrical images mostly triangles that reminds me videos on youtube from people describing how is to take drug DMT. Then something very annoying is happening. My heart goes like crazy. Fast and strong pulse to the point I feel this is not normal get the f*** out of here you will injure yourself and I quit. Googling I found many articles describing that this is only false. That if I had something to check my pulse I would see that is normal and that crazy heart beat is only in my mind. That happened to me two times. I also have to mention that I lie on my chest and that could be a reason but one of the first thing happened to me while trying lucid dream was sleep paralysis :o which freaked me out and that is the reason I tend to try wild with chest on bed cause I fear that if SP comes and I lay on my back I may see shadows and scary sh** :twisted: so I kind of minimize my sight view if that happens. My question is while you wild do you feel that strong beat from your heart?
I may be scared with all that sh** I am reading on internet but on the other hand I feel there is something very interesting in lucid dreaming and I want to have an experience myself good or bad than reading only experiences from other people. Sorry in advance for the length of my post and also my bad English. Cheers!

slider
Site Admin

Postby slider » Fri May 26, 2017 10:45 am

Hiya, plus welcome to the forum for WILDs! 8-)

A lot of peeps are starting to try WILDing using all sorts of strange (or just fancy) techniques, but in reality it's actually best at first to try to do them at your normal bedtimes, really keep things 'as simple' as possible and then branch out from there as your experience builds.

Experience has proven that it's also very useful to use some kind of relaxation technique 'before' attempting to go WILD, as this settles the body and puts an end to all those annoying itches and things that seem to bug many people in the beginning.

If you get this together correctly, you will also see the 'end' of sleep paralysis and any 'other' distracting effects that you describe. SP it completely unnecessary (and annoying, apparently, heh, because i've never experienced it yet) and the cause of it seems to be that of sinking a little bit too far towards 'actual sleep' instead of just going WILD instead - which should happen 'before' any SP can appear.

Get rid of 'all' these things, and your transitions into WILDs will become smooth and carefree and a total joy to experience!

So ok, let's start here right at the beginning, plus do it this way and you should begin to see some results in around 2 weeks (or possibly less in your case as you've already been trying 'and' getting some strange effects, so really you're already halfway there!)

I also run a WILDs & WILDing group on Facebook (237 members currently) which is an open group, meaning: anyone can read the posts on there without having to join and there's starting to be quite a lot of useful information (and help) on there! So please feel free to drop in and have a read, and/or even join if you'd like to ask any questions...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Lets.Get.WILDing/

E.g., Here's something I posted on there about getting started the 'easy' way :)

An Introduction To WILDs & WILDing (Facebook)

Howdy peeps, WILDs are surprising rather easy to do, but there's a lot of misinformation circulating about them... For best results, lay down on your left side with your knees together and the legs slightly bent and spend a few minutes relaxing your body, if you consciously release any tension using long slow out-breaths it doesn't have to take too long (20 minutes say...) and you will have reached a state where your body begins to feel a little strange (slightly inflated, larger, or a kind of floaty or numb feeling...)

It's important NOT to fall asleep at all, although after lifetime's habit of doing so it can take up to a week to break this silly habit of falling fast asleep within moments, it's also VERY important NOT to move around at all...

Anyway, once you get to that feeling slightly different stage, it's then important to deliberately pull your full attention 'away' from the sensations of the body altogether and only concentrate on what you can see behind your closed eyes... Focus your eyes as though you were looking just beyond the tip of your nose (or a bit farther away if you feel any eye strain...) and wait to see some blobs and streaks of colour appearing. Keep staring straight ahead no matter what you see until some faint images begin to appear... All these effects are called hypnagogia...

At first you'll tend to fall asleep looking at them, but that's ok, after a few nights of this you'll automatically begin to be able to stay awake a bit longer, cool... Keep watching (and enjoying) these hypnagogia which can be a treat just in themselves... and eventually some really sharp and clear images will start to appear (very cool...) These are the one's to be interested in.

When you spot a shockingly clear one, focus in on it's finer details and you will be 'pulled' right into the dream state in an instant! This can be a bit shocking at first (YIKES! hehehe) but you'll soon get used to it and be able to remain in the dream state for longer and longer, and that's basically it!

First results should commence from around 2 weeks on average, some peeps take longer some quicker, but however long it takes it's still a whole heap faster than learning to DILD ever did AND lucidity is nearly always 100%, making the resulting dreams appear incredibly vivid and clear!

You really don't need anything else than just this alone, no journals or add-ons, plug-ins or pills required, recall is automatically 100% because you wont in fact be sleeping; these are WAKING dreams! (If you find yourself going into a state of sleep paralysis (SP) just cough or move a bit to dispel it and start over as you went a bit too deep towards actual sleep...) And once you learn to do them you will be enabled to do them just about anytime day OR night!

There's a lot more to it all of course, and even some of the deeper mysteries surrounding lucid dreaming will quickly become revealed to you, but then you'll pick it all up as you go along anyway so no problem! Enjoy! :)

I hope this helps :)