DILD procedure

Contrast and Compare these Widely and WILD-ly differing techniques! Which do YOU think is the better or the harder technique... and why!
yucelkaracalar

DILD procedure

Postby yucelkaracalar » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:49 pm

Hi Slider,

I bought a course about LD. It suggests firstly learn DILD then WILD. The DILD procedure includes the following practices,

1. Write 1+ dreams upon waking
2. Feel good about above
3. Choose an item you may see 10 times a day for the prospective memory test
4. Do RC when you see the chosen item and anything strange happens
5. Practice simple breathing meditation before sleep
6. Give yourself affirmation "I will remember my dreams tonight"

after 1-2 weeks practice if you remember 1+ dream per day and successfully practice RC with prospective memory 10 times a day it offers you should start MILD technique everyday. If you will be good at MILD you should start WILD with WBTB. I am good at dream recall, breathing exercise and affirmation but RCs and Prospective memory can a challenge for me. I am at the office 9-6 pm so i don't know which object i choose i may see 10 times a day. Last day i choose a cat, but that day i only saw a cat 1-2 times :( but i should have seen a cat 10 times so i did not pass the test :(. I am practicing Progressive Muscle relaxation technique and some times i feel sinking and jerking feelings, see colorful images, faces, hear buzzing sounds sometime but not all the time. Last year i have no doubt i am conscious at hypnogogic state, i saw geometrical shapes like line, triangle, circle then heard strange annoying sounds at the same time i asked myself it was hypnogogia then i slept :). Yes DILD procedure is a bit difficult but WILD is advanced i think. I am confused which one should i start. I paid a lot of money for the course, you offer one technique as WILD. So this is not a question i am confused and sad about my situation :(. Thank you.

slider
Site Admin

Re: DILD procedure

Postby slider » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:31 am

Hi + welcome to the WILD way forum :)

Sorry to hear that you spent so much investing in a program for DILDs, it is still the belief today that DILDs and DILDing is the right and correct way to lucid dream and that WILDs are a more advanced technique for doing the same thing... the only problem is that this is an entirely mistaken belief that has allowed and encouraged DILDs to appear to be the right and correct way to deal with having lucid dreams, when, in reality, WILDs are what 'everyone' and 'anyone' can more easily do and DILDs is a far more advanced technique for doing the same thing... something which also explains just why DILDs are so very hard to learn to do and needs so many things (reality checks and journals etc) to help you with doing it!

The difference between the two techniques is obvious really, as is the order in which they should really be placed; in that the advantage WILDs have over DILDs is that with WILDs one always starts from the advantageous point of view or 'already' being wide awake, so lucidity is full and the control one has over the dream is always 100%, plus you enter into the dreaming awareness with exactly the same state of mind that you lay down to dream with... whereas with DILDs, you first have to fall asleep and only 'later' become lucid while already having some complicated dream involving many complicated factors, plus also the disadvantage of also not usually being completely fully lucid...

The absolute truth is that: you *don't* have to fall asleep to experience lucid dreaming! There is consequently no need to sleep in order to experience them at all! We can enter into alternate states of awareness fully awake and alert, so why complicated the issue by first falling asleep and only waking up in a dream later on if there is no need to??

Big question eh? :)

Fact is, peeps 'first' learned about the possibility of lucid dreaming via DILDs and so now they believe that this is the only right way to do it...

Truth is, DILDs were only a 'clue' (a hint from our dreams) that we have this 'ability' to enter into these dreaming realities and be awake in them, our 'actual' ability is to be able to enter into these same dream realities while 'already' fully alert and awake, we just never realised that we could do it!!! The nearest we ever came to accidentally doing this being the experience people have when having something to drink or taking drugs which people describe as an enjoyable feeling of 'getting high', but which, in reality, is us entering into partial states of altered awareness while still awake...

So then, both the pleasant experiences of alcohol, drugs and DILDs, were all only just clues and hints that we have had of this, as yet, unexplored ability to consciously change from one state of awareness into another in full waking awareness; and the ability to do this is called: WILD :)

In my humble opinion (and experience...) after you have experienced your first WILD, you will never bother with trying to DILD again!

You will, however, still experience DILDs occasionally... but only when you forget (or can't be bothered) to WILD...

Using WILDs... lucid dreaming thus becomes the default and ordinary dreams disappear altogether! :)

The method to WILD is also very straightforward and simple (and inexpensive too heh), memory recall is always full during 'and' after the session so no journals are necessary, plus seeing as you already know you are dreaming; reality checks become a thing of the past...

Undeniably then, WILDs are to be the future for lucid dreaming!

Learn to WILD and all your worries and sadness will completely disappear and be forgotten for sure :)

yucelkaracalar

Postby yucelkaracalar » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:28 pm

Hello again Slider,
Thank you for the detailed answer. I have read your book the WILD procedure is very straight forward. When i tried the technique(second relaxation technique in the book), i had the following problems,

1. I can not relax completely, so i could not enter the hypnagogic state.
2. Between switching from one body part to another, i could not concentrate then i begun to daydreaming
3. I fall asleep

Do you have any suggestion for them?

and do you suggest any time for the WILD? I am thinking to practice like below,

1. Wake after 4.5-6 hours sleep.
2. Spend some time 30-90 minutes do some activity(reading about LD, thinking about LD goal, giving suggestion about LD etc.)
3. Practice the WILD tech.

See you soon buddy :D

slider
Site Admin

Postby slider » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:02 pm

Hi, just a Couple of suggestions for you...

Most people wait until they're nearly completely exhausted before going to bed and as a result fall asleep very quickly? It is probably a habit they/we have unconsciously developed to help them get off to sleep as quickly as possible... So how about maybe going to bed an hour earlier so you can stay awake a little longer? (a simple enough solution to maybe give yourself a little more time to play with...)

Also, when doing the relaxation stuff, if you prefer using the second technique then maybe speed it up a bit, i.e., chose 'blocks' of body areas to relax at a time...

for example, feet first, then the whole area of ankles up to knees, then knees to hips, hips to armpits, neck and shoulders, then head...

6 blocks of body areas, taking only 2 or 3 minutes for each block as you breathe-out the tension in those areas of your body, keep it simple...

Don't move your body at all, and by the time you get to your head you should be relaxed enough to start looking for the hypnagogia, which may have even started appearing by then anyway... if not, then now relax your body as one big block (in-effect: switching to using the first technique), just let the whole thing (your body...) sink down into the bed as you do the long out-breath... By now you should be quite naturally feeling the 'belly-breaths' and a sensation of feeling slightly strange in your body - perfect!

The sleeping pattern you describe of letting yourself first sleep for a few hours and waking up early to try to WILD, would probably work, but only because you're not now falling asleep completely exhausted as usual... it may also help to 'not' get up and be active for a while after waking, as upon waking you will likely 'already' be in a very relaxed state and so all you'll have to do at that point is look for the hypnagogia. If you 'do' get up and do something active for a while you will then probably have to do the relaxation technique to get back again into a more relaxed state, but really it's all up to you to experiment with... And because, once you start to WILD on a regular basis all these 'considerations' will vanish anyway, and then you will pick and choose the times you'd like to WILD in, day and/or night... That what you are currently really only learning is a 'starter technique' to help get you going and to help you to become familiar with the act of WILDs and WILDing...

Just a few experiences of that nature and you will very quickly begin to set your 'own' times and places to WILD, no problem!

Here also, is a copy of a reply I just made to someone on facebook today that is a little bit similar to you (also slightly different but the problem is similar in some ways...) so might be helpful...

My Reply To Derek O'Hara in the: WILDs & WILDing group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1734777450089928/

Ultimately, it's the hypnagogia that 'pulls' people into sleep, so well done for reaching that stage so rapidly as some peeps experience difficulty even getting to see these images before passing out... We've literally spent a lifetime learning to do this completely unconsciously (hence we still live in an ostensibly 'unconscious' world where everything is done/accomplished by ingrained unconscious routines? heh) so it merely takes a little while to break that habit and to start to bring 'consciousness' into the picture...

you're well on track anyway to break the current record of only 11 days anyway, although that doesn't really matter much and is just a strictly personal thing, and because once you commence WILDing you'll no longer even give a hoot about such minor things anymore about how fast or not one was actually able to do it...

Best advice, is to just let things take their own natural course and to thus enjoy every step of it, noting each advance along this short journey to experiencing 'waking' dreams... Stay and remain happy and light about it all, even when the WILDs begin and... enjoy

-----------

Hope this helps + let me know how you get on ok? :)